Well, very good news! From my OB appointment and ultrasound this morning, Anna Kate is growing more like a 32-33 week baby (I'm 30 weeks now) and weighs a whopping 4 plus pounds now! Usually they are 3 - 3.5 lbs at this gestation age. Forget the 0-3 size, this one isn't going to be a little baby!! Mike claimed that he was a 13 lb baby, that's why Anna Kate is a big girl. I say babies that big make the news and two, I think he was a X lb and 13 oz baby. It has been confirmed he was big...just not THAT big. He was 9 lb 13 oz.Dr. B also said that I will 1) likely go early 2) Definitely won't make it to our Feb 18 due date and 3) most likely I will go by c-section (not because she's too big...I just can't delivery naturally). He said the last day he will take me will be around Feb 8. We'll see if he'll take us on Feb 7 so we can extend our February birthday tradition by another consective day.
I asked if I could be scheduled for a c-section now, and Dr. B said it's too early to talk scheduling now, but would like to see where I am by the first week of January or so.
Everything looks to be normal and Dr. B is very pleased with this pregnancy. I go back on Dec 22. At least I got a few more ultrasound pictures from the visit! The countdown is on!!! Any bets on the actual due date?

No comments:
Post a Comment