Tuesday, January 09, 2007

Trust me, if we knew, we'd tell you!!!

I have to poke a little fun of the family members who keep asking about either 1) Anna Kate's grand debut/my scheduled section or 2) Her Baptism date or 3) both. We are hearing it from both sides of the family, and the closer we get to February we are asked this on a regular basis. Now, I am not complaining (and hope this doesn't sound like I am) but trust me, if WE KNEW, WE'D TELL YOU!!!!! Why would keep this a secret? We told you we were expecting back in June and we told you it was a girl when we found out in September....And we will tell you her birth date as soon as we know! We are just as excited about her birth and the opportunity to introduce Anna Kate to you!!! I know you are trying to make conversation, but seriously, the queen of over-planning is dying to know when her own baby is going to be born!!!! C'mon!

As much as I love my doctor, I have unsuccessfully tried to get him to commit to a scheduled date. The only thing he will tell me is that Feb 8th is the lastest he'll let me go. SO, her arrival will be Feb 8th or sooner!! That's the best I can offer ya right now! With my next appointment on Jan 18, I HOPE AND PRAY he'll confirm a date. We'll be 2 weeks out and I anticipate he'll be ready to put something on the books.

And as for her Baptism in Jackson, Fr. Mike won't schedule anything until Anna Kate is born. That's the church's rule, not mine. Again, if I had my way, all this would have been done a long time ago!!! What I can tell you is that we are planning to coming to Jackson sometime in April, most likely the weekend of the 21st or 28th for the baptism. This is what we are anticipating, but babies can have a mind of their own, and we reserve the right to change the date!!

Like I mentioned, we are hearing this from both sides of our family, and it's not just from one source. No names here....we want to protect the guilty :). But please give us some wiggle room. We know you are just as excited. I can assure you, you will be notified of all the big details! Just hang in there with us for a few more weeks!!

No comments: