Tuesday, February 27, 2007

Baby Gear I am very thankful for!

Just in the past two weeks, I have quickly learned the baby gear that is worth it's weight in gold. Shopping at Babies R Us and other baby stores, I learned that new parents are targets for the latest and greatest gadget out there. There are a few gifts we received that have been lifesavers, especially during Anna Kate's middle of the night diaper changes and feedings. Gear that I will never go without:

  • Bottle and food warmer
  • Wipes warmer (trust me, a cold wipe is no fun for mama or baby!)
  • Travel wipes warmer--warms up with the lighter in the car. Again, a cold wipe is no fun!
  • Microwave Sterilizer - OMG! This is awesome! Makes boiling bottles a thing of the past. Too, in only 5 minutes, we can get 4 sterilized bottles done, as well as a handful of pacificers (yes, I am one of those kind of mamas!) cleaned and ready to go.
  • Bouncer - Anna Kate LOVES it
  • Craddle/Swing - BEST thing we could have done. We opted for the dual purpose swing that goes both directions...like a side to side craddle and back and forth swing. It also has a lights and colorful mobile that Anna Kate enjoys watching.
  • Old fashion cloth diapers--I use them as burp cloths. Anna Kate is a messy eater and bibs don't cut it for us. I didn't realize how quickly we could go through 3 dozen!!
  • Day gowns -- Anna Kate lived in these those first few days, and I will still put her in them when we are not going out that day. So easy for diaper changes and keeps her covered up without extra blankets. It's getting warm here in Florida (almost 80 degrees) so day gowns are just the perfect weight. We have about 2 more pounds before she completely outgrows her day gowns. Too bad they don't make daygowns for bigger babies :).
  • Can't forget Diaper Genie II. I should say that this is Mike's favorite baby item. BIG difference between the original and the II model....the newer one is very much worth it!!!

No comments: