Sunday, June 24, 2007

Anna Kate at 4 months

You would never know that Anna Kate is a happy baby? Of course not! She gives the best smiles and giggles to anybody that will give her a lil bit of attention. Being the child of Mike and Suzanna, do you really think she's a ham? To get a word in she might just have to!


Her sweet jewelry....She gets so many compliments on it when she wears them to church.


This is a very common pose for Anna Kate....on her back with her feet in the air. She *loves* to eat her toes, especially on her right foot. Diaper changes are interesting, and her feet never stay down! She also starts her rolls this way...feet in the air, eat toes, roll to the right, roll over.... Did I mention that she FINALLY rolled over, hmm, by herself! Mike and I have been helping her, but this time she did it on her own! Woo hoo! Another milestone! She seemed pretty proud of herself she did found herself on her tummy.

Other updates on this growing weed:

--Sits really well assisted. Won't be long before she can sit by herself

--LOVES her oatmeal! Use the rice cereal mainly now to thicken her milk because of her spit up but will eat up her oatmeal like no tomorrow! She's so cute during meal time. I can only imagine what eating in a highchair will look like.

--Has a walker that she can push herself backwards in. She doesn't quite realize she is the one pushing herself so when she does move, it sometimes startles her. With our hardwood floors, this is a terrific entertainer!

--We are pushing 9 months footed sleepers. This child definitely doesn't have her mama's height (thank goodness!) She is so long, that now her 9 month sleepers are very fitted. Just a few weeks ago, they were comfortable with some growing leg room. She's not been measured in a few weeks, but the doctor's office measured Anna Kate at 27 inches during her 4 month check up. I think she was longer than that from our rudimentary measurements, and definitely know that she's grown some since that visit. Luckily she wears lots of sun suits and dresses that are two pieces, so they "give" a little. Jokingly, I said her two piece dresses look more like 2 piece diaper sets :).

Bear with us over the next two weeks, as I just found out that my class that was originally going to be cancelled got picked back up and it's been a mad dash to get ready. I'm teaching Intro to Marketing to community college students this summer starting TUESDAY, cramming 22 chapters into 12 classes! It's been a mad dash, getting lesson plans in order, finding resources and getting Anna Kate take care of during the time I leave for campus to when Mike will get home from work, especially on such short notice. Nobody wants to give up thier babysitters, and many babysitters are taken (Live in Central Florida? Give me a call! I pay really well and will feed you dinner too!!). Given the time frame and lots to do, our postings will be very limited between now and mid July. Come mid July, it should be worth the wait, with lots of beach pictures, videos and new updates! Thanks for your patience over the next lil bit!

No comments: