Saturday, October 13, 2007

Two Years Ago Today, We Came Home

Mike and I left Idaho two years ago today. Wow, what an amazing two years it has been! Both Mike and I agree that the two years out west seemed to last forever; yet, the two years back in Florida have just flown by. Feels more like months and not years.

It was January 2005 Mike and I had one of "those kind" of talks. We just didn't feel that Boise is where we were to meant end up, and however beautiful, Idaho just wasn't our home. We also felt something wasn't quite right with his job and the company he was working for (boy did we ever nail that one!) We stayed up late that night talking how much we loved living in Florida and would eventually like to end up down there---maybe retirement age? Either Florida or in Starkville :). Luckily we didn't have to wait that long.....

Almost nine months to the day, our bags are packed, belongings on a Atlas moving truck, and the three of us--Mike, Dixie and myself--boarded a US Airways flight to Phoenix, then to Orlando. I will never forget that day knowing that I was "coming home." It truly was a wonderful feeling, and still love the fact we live in Central Florida. Living just down the road from Disney doesn't hurt either ;).


So, it seems that October is a popular month for Mike and I to move. Our family joke was that as soon as we paint and hang up pictures, that it was time to move (that happened with our first Florida home near Orlando, our Mississippi home, and even our rental home in Boise). We definite tried something different here--we painted BEFORE we moved in and hung pictures almost immediately! So far it's working. We have been back in Central Florida for two years, been in our home for a year and NO CHANCE OF MOVING!!! Mike loves his job and his company is on very firm ground and obviously we are not going to move for mine, so I think the chances of moving again--at least out of the area--are slim. So come on down to see us--before we think about moving.....again!

Oh, by the way, our big milestone tonight is that Anna Kate pulled herself up to a STANDING position in bed, holding onto the rails for dear life! Needless to say, that both Mike and I screamed (ok, I screamed, Mike grabbed the camera!) and got a few shots to document the occasion. Personally, I think this child is going to go from a seated scoot to walking, err, running! Crawling is too slow for this gal on the move! I'll download those pictures in the morning!

No comments: