Tuesday, November 25, 2008

This week is so not how I expected it to turn out. Anna Kate is pretty much over her bronchitis that had us hostage here at the house for a week! Well, to make a long story short, I ended up with the same thing. The only difference is that I had an adverse reaction to the antibiotics and spent some time in the ER today. The most important thing is that both Baby Girl and I are doing better now and I'm on a different antibiotic to clear out my chest (thank goodness!). As the ER doctor said they could not give me "the good stuff" since I'm pregnant. But needless to say I am doing MUCH BETTER than I was at 10am.

Anna Kate was a trooper the entire time. She did so much better than I expected! She smiled and waved at any nurse or tech that would come into her view. While I was being wheeled around for tests, Mike took Anna Kate to the cafeteria for lunch. They ended up running into one of his co-workers and enjoyed lunch together. After lunch, Anna Kate sat up with me in the bed and watched TV until I was discharged. She was mesmerized with the IV and the heart monitors I was hooked up to. Her favorite was the finger clip....when she would play with it, it would beep at us :).

Well, I think it's time for me to log off. Anna Kate is still up (she had a late, late nap after our day trip...) and has crawled into bed with me to watch Charlie Brown. Isn't this the best way to end a day, especially after like the one we've had!

No comments: