Friday, January 23, 2009

We're still here....

It has been a while, I know, since our last posts. Even though Anna Kate is keeping us busy, it's not necessarily stuff that makes blog-worthy topics. We have been FREEZING lately all the way down here with the artic-like temps!! It's dropped below freezing for the past 3 nights--coldest weather since the 80s!! No kidding. And by this weekend, it should go back into the low 70s.

Anna Kate and I both are fighting colds with the warm-cold-warm-REALLY cold weather lately. Nothing too bad, but enough to slow us down. We have decided that our pirate ship isn't going to take sail during the annual Gasparilla Children's Fest either on Saturday :(. As much as we were looking forward to it, we know it's not the best thing for us. So our pirate friends will have to swob the deck or plunder for treasure without us :(. We've already marked the calendar for next year when we will have TWO pirate lasses to walk the plank!

Hard to believe that we are now moving into single digit weekends before Baby Girl Alexandra will make her grand entrance into the world!! This pregnancy has gone by SO QUICKLY I just don't know where it's gone. Anna Kate has been a great distracter and definitely don't have the time to just sit and wait :). She still hasn't completely grasped the concept of a new baby, although she will pat my belly and say "Baby Alex." For a better view, she will try to pull up my shirt or dress and peer from below to see if she can actually see something. Yeah, really funny, especially when we're in public.

Here's to a relaxing weekend and quick recovery of the colds!! Hopefully more to blog about next weekend!

post signature

1 comment:

Paige said...

Hi Suzanna!

I was stalking your blog! Congrats on your second child. I got to see all your family at Christmas at Bobby and Carolyn's and go the update. Just wanted to say hello. Come by and check out our blog, hutthutt-hutchinson@blogspot. I think catherine has it on her page!

Paige Mellon Hutchinson