Saturday, May 16, 2009

Anna Kate these days...

All my post lately have been about Alex and her updates, so here's what's going on with Anna Kate. (BTW, sorry about the weird formatting--not sure what's going on or why I can't fix it :-/. I'm working on it.)










At first, Anna Kate really didn't want anything to do with Alex. She wasn't ugly to her lil sister, but really just wasn't interested. In the recent days, she has shown more interest (specifically gets upset when Alex has one of her blankets), but is willing to get a diaper/throw a diaper away and help with the bottles.
A funny story about Anna Kate help out: Cleaning up, I found a bottle and sippie cup in the den, and asked Anna Kate to take it to the kitchen for me. I saw her round the corner and then went back to Alex. Well, when I went to the kitchen, I didn't find the bottle or sippie cup. Couldn't figure out what she did with it. Later that evening Mike was playing in Anna Kate's room with her, and when she opened the play kitchen oven door---wah-la! there were the bottle and sippie cups! So when I asked her to take them to the kitchen, technically she did!! I'll be more specific next time :).
Mama's first attempt at pigtails on Anna Kate. Her hair is so fine, the ponytails won't stay :(. But they sure look cute on her! The hands on the face picture----Mike got Anna Kate to put her hands on her face when she said "OH NO!" As you can see in the first picture, she's watching Curious George. Most likely George got into trouble. prompting her to say "OH NO!"
On the way to school this week, Anna Kate and I talk about the cars and trucks on the road with us. We had passed a school bus (she likes to wave to them) and then screamed "COOKIE!" when we passed a Publix truck and a bit upset when I didn't obliged. This was 8.30 in the morning and couldn't figure what promoted her to ask for a cookie. It was a few minutes later when I realized----Publix gives free cookies to kids while their parents grocery shop and so when she saw the Publix "P" on the truck, she thought of cookies! She is such a smart lil thing!

post signature

No comments: