Sunday, April 08, 2007

Happy Easter! Happy Spring!

The Easter Bunny found his way to our house last night. Actually I think I heard him this morning after Mike left for early mass. Our day wasn't as we planned, as it's is down right FRIGID here in Central Florida! We'd planned to go to 8am mass, then head to Disney for lunch and pictures. Mother Nature had something else it mind. It was just too cold to get Anna Kate outside, so we adjusted our plans. Mike ended up going to the early mass, then I went to 10:30 mass. It's not what you really want to do--go to church separately especially on Easter--but it's not worth the risk of taking her out and getting sick. So you do what you have to do.

We also decided to have lunch here at the house, instead of Disney. Mike promised to take me on Mother's Day next month up there for lunch, so I don't mind the wait. Guess you could say we are having an non-traditional Easter lunch: Steak. No arguments from the peanut gallery! Mike fired up the grill and threw 'em on! Can you smell them? It goes along with our non-traditional Christmas dinner we had back in December. Since it's just the two of us eating, it's hard to do a big meal with all the trimmings and all the left overs. When Anna Kate is older, we'll definitely do the 'traditional' meal thing. Until then, Mike and I will enjoy a good steak.

The day has finally warmed up to a decent temperature, so we might take a Sunday drive around town a bit later. We have all enjoyed the quietness and relaxation the day has offered.


As I mentioned the Easter Bunny found our home and dropped off a few goodies. Anna Kate's basket came from Old Tyme Commissary, the same place where my mom got my easter basket many years ago. The baskets have changed a bit, but still every bit as cute and colorful. Anna Kate got some Easter books, the DVD Happy Feet and a a few goodies from her maternal grandparents. Mike got a Scout book he'd be asking for. As far as mama, a few sweet goodies and new outfit for Easter. By the time pictures were taken, the outfit had already been worn and in the hamper to be cleaned. Do you really want to see a wadded up blouse and skirt?

Anna Kate is looking forward to her first big trip--on an airplane--in 11 days. We all are excited about our trip to Jackson for her baptism. I sure hope it's warmer in Jackson in 1.5 weeks than it is right now!!

No comments: