Monday, May 14, 2007

Busy, Busy Weekend

What a weekend! I need another one to recover from everything! Friday was a day of cleaning up and some laundry since we knew that we knew we would not be home most of the weekend. Fun, huh?

Saturday was haircuts and pedicures (ok, I got the pedicure to clarify...) before heading to Mike's award ceremony. I got a pedicure as a Mother's Day gift, in addition to the three dozen rose bouquet. Yes, I said three dozen--36 GORGEOUS red, pink, yellow, Tropicana, and coral roses with snapdragons, aster lilies, and other very fragrant flowers in my HUGE bouquet. Mike said that he wanted me to enjoy them all weekend (and I very much did!)

Later that evening, we headed to Mike's Boy Scout dinner at camp. He was being recognized for his volunteer work and training (for those that speak the lingo...he was "beaded"). And when I mean at camp, I mean a boy scout camp! We were a funny site, pushing a stroller in the middle of grass, dirt and gravel! What frustrated me was that I had the perfect spot for pictures....and the #$%! batteries DIE ON ME. Are you kidding me? In the middle of nowhere (literally!) my camera batteries fail me. I was so upset! I had Mike email some of the others that were in attendance if they have some pictures to share. I hate that I have nothing to share with you. I am very proud of Mike and his work with the Scouting program. It did so much for him growing up, and he enjoys giving back in this way.


Brings us to Sunday. We got an early start with mass at 8am. Mike got me an orchid corsage for Mother's Day and Anna Kate looked very sweet in pink. Her Grandpa Sonny and Nana Lori gave her the pretty pink smocked dress. As usual, she was perfect in church. We quickly came home, changed clothes and headed out to Disney (yes, again!) for lunch. We went to Wolfgang Puck Cafe for lunch and it was *wonderful* (just to explain, our Disney venture a few weeks ago, we went to the counter service of Wolfgang's. Sunday we went to the "sit down" part...two very different experiences.

Afterward, we walked lunch off at the West End, Pleasure Island, and then Marketplace (all part of Downtown Disney). It was just too hot to be walking around, so we decided to the Grand. (The Grand is Disney lingo for The Grand Floridian--sorry. It's easy to slip into all those Disney-isms) We enjoyed the air conditioned environment and all the beautiful arrangements all over the hotel lobby. There was a wedding about to begin when we arrived...the bride was getting into the Cinderella carriage with several picture takers capturing the moment. It was neat to see that sweet moment.

We decided to take Anna Kate on her first of many monorail rides. Just the loop around so she could see the sites. We arrive back at The Grand, and Mike and I decide to call it at day. Didn't do that much, but the heat can take it out of ya! Not to mention, there were some ominous clouds in the direction we were heading.

Overall, it was an absolutely wonderful day. I very much enjoyed Mother's Day this year. Too bad, Mother's Day isn't every month :)......

No comments: