Friday, June 15, 2007

Car Shopping with Baby--Interesting Experience

Mike and I have talked about getting a new(er) car in the next year. We love both our Hondas (we have a Civic and CRV), but realize that with all of Anna Kate's gear, it's challenging in my Civic. So we are looking along the lines of a Honda Pilot. On a whelm, we decided to go to the Toyota dealership to see what they have. I thought we went late enough where we would not get hit up by all the salespeople (WRONG!), but Michele was very nice. We looked at the Highlander (too small), Sequoia (too big) and the 4Runner (just right...sounds like the car version of Goldilocks, huh?) Michele was trying very hard to get us to test drive the 4Runner. Luckily, Anna Kate provided a wonderful excuse not to! She was spitting up almost on cue and we accidently dropped our only burp cloth. Too, we were not in the mood to swap out carseats just to do a test drive, especially since we knew we had no interesting in buying something right now. No salesperson wants to have any kind of spit up, burp up or any other kind of "up" from a baby, much less in a brand new car! I will have to remember this the next time I need a good excuse!

No comments: