Thursday, April 10, 2008

What a week!

And the week isn't over with yet! Nothing really exciting to post or upload as far as pictures this week...Anna Kate is finally over strep throat and had some kind of viral thing thrown in for good measure. We don't just do things half-effortly over here...we have to have a really bad bug PLUS something else to make it more interesting!!!

Well, to make life more interesting, Mike left today for Texas. He'll be gone through late, late next Wednesday. Anna Kate and I were suppost to be in Mississippi right now :(, but she wasn't well enough to travel. Concerned about either prolonging her recovery or even having a relapse, so we opted to postpone our trip for another time. NOT looking forward to this long week without Mike and both Anna Kate and I are a bit run down from all the excitement from this past weekend.

This strep thing has really put a kink in our social life. No Gymboree, no swim lessons, no playdates, no nothing. The most exciting thing we've done is ride around town and look for airplanes in the sky (there is a big air show this weekend and you should hear all the planes flying around!) I have to admit, we did get out for the first time in a week and go for lunch at Chick-fil-A. Anna Kate hasn't had an appetite lately...but it has returned!! Giving it one more day (Friday) before we fill our calendar up with things to do. Not willing to chance one day when it could set us back a few more, and especially since I don't have Mike to tag-team with at night.

I have tried to get a few pictures of her new two new teeth...I could better show you my chewed fingers though! Her lil gums are so red and swollen....literally 3 more are ready to cut the surface any day. AND MY GUESS is that every one of them will cut while Mike is out of town? Any takers on that bet???? You can tell she is on a verge of another growth spurt. Some of the one piece 18 month outfits are starting to look like capris and cut up near the legs and neck. We can get away with a few dress in 18m---but I haven't been buying spring or summer clothes less than 24m for this child! Almost 32 inches tall!! Do you realize that she is HALF MY HEIGHT???? She is definitely shaped like her dad with a long torso, and looks like she got his height as well--thank goodness!

We wish we were in Jackson about right now!!!

No comments: