Thursday, November 06, 2008

Big Day on Friday....

Sorry, guys, that I have been away from the computer. Not much to blog about...and I don't think you really want to hear about my allergy problems, so it was hard to come up with something to blog. Well, I'll just give ya the nutshell version. I have had a 3 week allergy battle and finally went to see an ENT for relief. Florida has been the ONLY place I've lived where my allergies are so mild that I don't take meds on a regular basis or allergy shots. Well, until now. Most likely it's the pregnancy that has brought this recent round of the "ahh-coos" and stuffiness. I could handle that, but it was the constant headaches and difficulty breathing that drove me to see an ENT---the first in almost five years! At least I got some relief and hoping this passes soon. The ENT said most likely as soon as I deliver...hurry up April!!!

As I mentioned in the title, Friday is a big day for us. We have had this appointment on the books for four months for Anna Kate to be seen by a development pediatrician. So we are headed to Tampa to see Dr. P in the morning. Although Anna Kate has made great strides with her OT and speech therapies, she is a little bit behind. We were not expecting that her 4 months in therapy would catch her up to where she should be, but don't want her to fall behind any more. So we are meeting with Dr. P to 1) have such a specialist to make sure we are on track and 2) prevent her from falling behind any more than she already is. As mentioned in my previous post about her therapy, our biggest developmental concerns are dyspraxia (gross and fine motor skills) and delayed language. The dsypraxia is one of the components of Sensory Processing Disorder that she has and can--and is--affecting her developmment.

So please keep Anna Kate in your prayers in the morning. Not that we are expecting anything grand to happen tomorrow, but it just starts the relationship of yet another professional to help Anna Kate along in her journey.

No comments: